Markets in Sydney

Monday, May 3, 2010


The markets in Sydney continue to excite me every time I visit them. They provide the opportunity for a nice relaxing afternoon wander around and pick up one-off hand-made pieces, second hand home wares or just simply inspire me to get my craft on and make some things for myself.

There are heaps of options to choose from with the weekly Glebe, Paddington and Bondi Markets to the monthly Surry Hills and Eveleigh Artisans Markets (which I think have to be my favourite).

This last weekend I visited Surry Hills Markets which are a mix of vintage clothing, second hand home wares, handmade items and general bric-a-brac. I could spend hours at this market searching through all the stuff there, and I could potentially spend a fortune. This weekend though, I picked up a cute wooden box which I'm going to use for all my sewing bits and pieces, and at only $10 was an absolute bargain.


The other market I visited was the Eveleigh Artisans Markets, which host hand-made products from local artisans. I found heaps of cool ideas for future projects, especially jewellery ideas which would be so cheap and easy to make, including vintage tie flower broaches, button jewellery, and purse ideas. Although my favourite stall had to be Herbert & Friends, ran by a local Sydney-sider, Torunn. She makes cute hand-made soft-toy critters, as well as these amazing monthly masterpieces, including the sewn machine, and a typewriter (see pictures), visit her Etsy store to check out all the little critters





p.s don't forget to check out the bi-annual Finders Keepers Markets this weekend at the Carriage works (click on the link for more info)

0 comments:

Followers

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP