Kangaroo Valley Long Weekend

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Settlers Cottage and neighbouring Cow family
The Hampden Bridge - the oldest suspension bridge in Oz
The misty valley
The cute cottage we stayed in


We have just come back from a lovely weekend away in Kangaroo Valley in the Southern Highlands. We hired the cutest little cottage in the countryside which was decorated in early 20th century decor, with an open fire and roll top bath.
We went on long walks through the bush, cooked some amazing and yummy food, cozied up by the fire in the evenings and drank proper (well as near as you can get it over here) beer. Had such a lovely relaxing time and feel so refreshed to go back to work, although it's still a bit of a struggle in the mornings.

It managed to cure a little bit of the yearning I have been having for the UK recently, I needed a fix of the countryside, cold weather and the chance to rug up, and this definitely hit the spot. Now all I need is a friend fix and I'm all sorted, although I think I'll have to actually go home for that.

0 comments:

Followers

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP