A coffee and a Yarn

Monday, May 31, 2010


Photos from cafedave

This weekend I visited a great new cafe on King Street in Newtown. It's down the other end of King Street, which due to my laziness isn't visited by me very much and is often known as the "dark side" to me because obviously my end of King Street is way better, even though there are some amazing second hand shops, and now, cafes down there that are always worth a visit.

Anyway, I digress, the new cafe, appropriately named "A Coffee and a Yarn", opened recently on King Street combining my two favourite loves, coffee/tea and knitting. you can go in with your latest project, order a coffee and cake and sit and pass the time knitting with a friend or on your own. They have some great little communal tables which if you happen to forget your own project, you can sit and knit squares for charity blankets, with wool and needles and helpful directions left on each table.

Also, the cafe has a little yarn shop, which sells local and organic yarns, needles, books and possibly best of all some little project kits which contain the pattern and the wool which is needed to make items such as tea cosies, scarfs, toys etc. They make the perfect gift for anyone who is a keen knitter or who maybe wants to learn.

I love this place and I'm looking forward to going back next weekend with the Sydney Crafternooners.

0 comments:

Followers

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP